I am an active member of many international and business groups – Chinese, Japanese, and beyond.
New Zealand China Friendship Society
Executive Board Member, Auckland
Marketing & Communications Committee
The New Zealand China Friendship Society has had sixty years of experience working with China. They have a reputation in China and New Zealand to foster people-to-people links, whether through sister cities, sister-schools, friendship associations at all levels, or personal communication.
- To promote friendship, understanding and goodwill between the peoples of China and New Zealand by encouraging visits and exchanges of ideas, information, culture and trade between the two countries
- To foster interest in and promote the study of China, its history, culture, political and social structures – past and present
- To support specific aid projects in China
- To promote the study of the Chinese language by New Zealanders and advanced English studies in this country by Chinese
- To foster ongoing development of all sister-city links between New Zealand and China
- To assist both visiting students and new migrants from China requiring help to fit into New Zealand society
Koru Maru Japan New Zealand
Now called Hello Chatty; a community group that provides opportunities to practice a language through chatting with new friends. If you are willing to improve your English or Asian languages, we believe that Hello Chatty will be a help in your learning. Provide a fun social atmosphere for people all over the world to come and enjoy life in New Zealand Regular meetups, nights out, Short trips and more!
Hong Kong Student Society
The Hong Kong Student Society (HKSS) was established to promote Hong Kong/New Zealand culture through a wide range of activities. By uniting members through these activities, HKSS aims to represent Hong Kong culture in our rich, culturally diverse university, The University of Auckland. Our connection between Hong Kong and New Zealand allows us to help students understand, and adapt to New Zealand’s way of life. We are an organisation that brings students together to socialise and experience Hong Kong’s unique culture.
New Zealand China Trade Association
Young Associate Member
The New Zealand China Trade Association’s mission is to promote and strengthen trade and investment relations between New Zealand and the People’s Republic of China.
- Create awareness of trade opportunities and relationship initiatives between New Zealand and the People’s Republic of China
- Foster an active community of members comprised of New Zealand-China traders and those with an interest in doing business with China
- Organise trade missions to China and provide members with access to China business intelligence